Friday 19 January 2018

Hawfinches in Colyton

Hawfinch,Colyton 18/01/18 (Copyright TDW)
Finally got some Hawfinches in Colyton Churchyard yesterday at the 72nd attempt. My only other Colyton one was back in November from the bus stop so I wanted to see them feeding in our Yew trees which I now have. I even got some flight shots of the Superfinch variety, although with the winter Olympics looming I now think they look like ski-jumpers!
Eddie the Hawfinch, Colyton 18/01/18 (Copyright T D Wright)
We'll be seeing more of this technique in Korea next month!
Hawfinch, Colyton 18/01/18 (Copyright T D Wright)
Hawfinch, Colyton 18/01/18 (Copyright T D Wright)
It's funny, isn't it, but seeing them up the road in Shute just wasn't as thrilling. Shute is a traditional site for them as I remember seeing Hawfinches there back in the 90s. This winter's irruption means we all want to see them in our home town which I've now done. The next challenge is to see them from the bathroom window whilst shaving; hope I don't cut myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment