Thursday 18 May 2017

Colyton Catch-up with Added Axmouth

I've not seen the Cattle Egrets at Colcombe or Road Green this week so they may have changed their habits or gone completely. At Axe Cliff on Sunday the Lesser Whitethroat was still singing ( I've also had one regularly at Colyton WWTW) and groups of 9 Manx Shearwater and 9 Kittiwake flew West. Yes, that really was the correct number which only reminded me of the Poms I missed! At least I got some compensation along Stepps Lane where my first Spotted Flycatcher of 2017 showed high up in the canopy. On Wednesday, I had 2 redhead Goosander from Tower hide looking upriver at 7pm. They settled on the bank and rested there until I left. Today, all I could see from Tower was Whimbrel and 3 Dunlin on BHM. It's always good to see fledglings at this time of year though and I've seen Great , Blue and LT Tits already, plus Wren, Dunnock and Robin. The Shelduck, Canada geese and Mallard young have also been in evidence. But I'm not feeling so confident about Cattle Egret now...

No comments:

Post a Comment