Wednesday 12 April 2017

Spoonbills & stuff

Wheatear, Seaton Marshes, April 2017(Copyright T D Wright)
Wheatear,Seaton Marshes, April 2017(Copyright T D Wright)
The rusty roller/trailer has been a good Wheatear perch for many years now. Since I last posted I've had several new migrants for the year but couldn't waste limited computing time blogging them all. I usually message people to get any news out so blogging seems superfluous sometimes. I've got Swallows over Colyton now plus all 6 Cattle Egrets at Road Green Farm. I've seen and heard my first 2 Whimbrel of the Spring (estuary/ColyCommon) and am hearing Willow Warbler song at various locations. Tuesday evening I paid a late visit to BHM and was stunned to look through the screen and see 2 Spoonbill feeding there. I moved to the Island hide to find that others were already watching/photographing them. My camera was with me so I tried a couple of shots...             
Spoonbills, BHM, 11/04/17 (Copyright T D Wright)
Spoonbills, BHM, 11/04/17(Copyright T D Wright)
A Pintail was on BHM as was the Knot but darkness was approaching so that's all  I managed to see. Today, I just had a personal disaster by crashing my bicycle and damaging myself but - far worse - damaging my scope & tripod! I've a horrible feeling they can't be repaired so I'm looking for a cheap/ 2nd Hand tripod and a genius who can fix a Kowa telescope when it's been broken in two! Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the wind rushing through my ears as I cycled must have drowned out the old mobile! I'm retiring it after the 19th April...

    ReplyDelete