Tuesday 4 April 2017

Borrowed Egrets

Pintails, BHM, 30/03/17(Copyright T D Wright)
Pintails, BHM, 30/03/17 (Copyright T D Wright)
Managed to get all 4 drake Pintails in one frame before they left. Had to share that with somebody. After I'd already posted yesterday I walked around Borrow Pit and, at 5pm, saw 3 Cattle Egrets fly over toward the estuary. I know people are getting bored with hearing about them but it was just the location that made this interesting. I know they've been roosting at this site but dusk is now at 8pm. I'm expecting them to be gone quite soon...unless they decide to breed! Today I popped down to BHM at lunchtime which now has more mud exposed. All I could see however were the Knot, Grey Plover and the usual Blackwits & Redshanks. The wind here is now Northerly though, so tonight or tomorrow I'm expecting a migrant or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment